SIA Level 2
- Door Supervisor (Includes the new Physical Intervention Module)
Level 2 Award in Door Supervision
Wilplan Training boasts a training team with vast expertise in the Security Industry including licensed retail and Door Supervision. Training for Door Supervisors has seen dramatic change in recent years and Door Supervisors often referred to as' Bouncers' Door Stewards or Door Staff have taken a more professional role since the introduction of strict SIA licence requirements.
Our training course emphasises the realities of Door Supervision and the duties you may undertake. The Door Supervisor Training course uses practical real life scenario's to prepare individuals for the job and not just pass a test. After completing the Door Supervisors course and being issued with an SIA licence a Door Supervisor can work in many areas of the Security Industry from Security Guarding through to Event Security and other licensed premises.
Who is the course for?
For those currently working as a Door Supervisor or those wishing to begin work as a Door Supervisor. On successful completion of the course, and passing the required examinations, delegates will be able to apply for Door Supervisor licence which will allow the individual to operate as both a Security Guard or Door Supervisor.
Please click here for for details of who requires a Door Supervisors Licence.
For a Door Supervisor Licence application pack please click here.
What are the entry requirements?
No previous knowledge or training is required however basic levels of English literacy and numeracy are assumed. You must also be able to provide proof of Identification and Proof of address as per SIA guidelines. Please click here to see acceptable forms of Identification. In order to take part in the Physical elements of the training you will be required to declare that you are fit to partake in the training.
How long is the course?
The course is delivered over 4 consecutive days and requires some pre-course reading and evening study (Approx 8 hours) however a more flexible option is available for group bookings. We also hold bespoke courses at weekends depending on demand.
What does the course involve?
Delegates must complete and pass all four units as outlined below to achieve a Level 2 Award in Door Supervision and allow delegates to apply for their SIA licence. The course is designed to be fun and enjoyable whilst still giving you the knowledge required to undertake the role of a Door Supervisor. Unit 4 (See below) requires you to take part in Physical Intervention Training and you will be expected to declare your fitness to participate. If you are in any doubt please contact us for guidance.
Unit 1 Working in the Private Security Industry
- Introduction to the Security Industry
- Legislation relevant to the Private Security Industry
- Health and Safety at Work
- Fire Safety
- Emergency Procedures
- Communication skills and Customer Car in the Private Security Industry
Unit 2 Working as a Door Supervisor
- Behavioural Standards for Door Supervisors
- Civil & Criminal Law relevant to Door Supervision
- Admission policies and search procedures
- Powers of Arrest
- Recognising High Risk Conflict
- Drugs Awareness and legislation
- Incident recording and Crime Scene preservation
- Licensing Law
- Safety & Security in Door Supervision
Unit 3 Conflict Management for the Private Security Industry
- Recognising and Assessing risk
- Communication Skills
- De-escalating conflict situations
- Resolving conflict
- Post incident considerations
Unit 4 Physical Intervention for the Private Security Industry
- Legal and Professional Implications of Physical Interventions
- Reducing the risk of harm when using physical interventions
- Non-aggressive skills to protect self and others from assault
- Non pain related standing holding and escorting techniques, including non-restrictive and restrictive skills.
Unit 4 is internally assessed, involving a mix of demonstration of practical skills and knowledge assessment
The course fees are £250.00 plus VAT including examination and certification fees.
Depending on your individual requirements a bespoke course may offer your company cost savings. Please call 0845 009 5647 for further details.
A 10% discount is available per person if booking more than one delegate onto one of our open courses scheduled regularly throughout the year.
If you have any other questions or for further information please do contact us.