First Aid at Work
This qualification is aimed at meeting the HSE guidelines on first Aid at work regulations and successful candidates can be recognised as First Aiders in the workplace and will be able to respond to and deal with workplace first aid incidents.
The course consists of two mandatory units:
Unit 1 - Emergency First Aid in the Workplace
- Roles & Responsibilities of the First Aider
- Incident assessment
- Unresponsive breathing casualties
- Unresponsive non breathing casualties
- Basic Life support
- Choking casualties and airway management
- Bleed management
- Shock management
- Management of minor injuries burns cuts and grazes
Unit 2 - Recognition and Management of illness and injury in the workplace
- Conduct a secondary survey
- Bones muscles and joint injuries
- Head & spinal injuries
- Chest injuries
- Burns and scalds
- Eye injuries
- Heart attacks, Epilepsy, Asthma and other medical emergencies
The qualification is assessed via on-going oral questioning and practical demonstration.
£160 + Vat per person
This course can be delivered in house at your premises for up to 12 people at dates to suit you and your team. Please contact us for more information.
If you have any other questions or for further information please do contact us.